LinkedIn is a great online networking site that job seekers today should be leveraging to help find jobs. Here's some profile tips to make the most of this platform.
LinkedIn Profile Picture Tips
- Wear something business casual.
- Style your hair and makeup like you would for work.
- Pick a plain or solid colored background.
More LinkedIn Tips and Advice
LinkedIn is great for networking and meeting people in your specific industry, but it's also a great way to search for jobs!
- Create Job Alerts for the job you are looking for and when a company posts a job, you will be notified via email.
- Fill out as much as you can (about section, work experience section, education, and skills)
- Add a relevant headline for the job you are looking for or have already. This is one of the first things people see besides your name and photo.
- Start by adding people you already know and work with and then expand your network from there.
- If there is a dream company you want to work for, find someone in that company who does what you want to and begin networking with them.
- Comment on and share things that are relevant to your job field.
- Follow companies you would like to work with someday, and interact with their posts.
Secret LinkedIn Tips
- Under your profile under skills, click on the demonstrate skills button. It will prompt you to take a quiz to see if you are highly skilled and if so, it will give your profile a badge saying so.
- LinkedIn has courses (some free, some requiring a membership) that you can take for relevant skills which looks great on your resume!