With summer inching around the corner, it means there are going to be a lot more sunnier days!
To help keep your baby safe from the sun, you need a good sunscreen.
Maybe not just a good sunscreen, but a great one! One that you can feel safe slathering on your little baby's gentle skin. After all, you are their first defense!
Best Sunscreen lotion for Infants and Kids
- Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sensitive Skin Lotion
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen
- Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream
- Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Baby
- ThinkBaby Sunscreen
- Goddess Garden Organics Baby Natural sunscreen lotion
- MadeOf Organic Baby Sunscreen
- TruBaby Everyday Play Sunscreen
They are also all zinc oxide based so they are thicker, but they don't have a bunch of the harsh chemicals that other oil based sunscreens would have.
1. Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sensitive Skin Lotion Sunscreen (SPF 50)
This Aveeno Baby sunscreen is sweat and water resistant for 80 minutes, so make sure to reapply if you are going to be out longer than that!
2. Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen (SPF 50)
Neutrogena Pure & Free sunscreen is water resistant for 80 minutes just like the Aveeno, and is thick so it might leave a white sheen too!
3. Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream (SPF 30)
This Badger Baby sunscreen cream will protect from UVA and UVB rays and is sweat and water resistant for 40 minutes. It's also a thicker formula, so you will need to rub it in well.
4. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Baby (SPF 30+)
Blue Lizard Australian baby sunscreen is fragrance free, and has a cool feature where the bottle will turn pink when there are harmful UV rays present! How cool?!
5. ThinkBaby Sunscreen (SPF 50)
ThinkBaby natural sunscreen is a little easier the the others to rub in which is a huge plus!
It has a citrus scent which isn't too overpowering, and is gentle on delicate and sensitve skin.
6. Goddess Garden Organics Baby Natural Suncreen Lotion (SPF 50)
Goddess Garden Organics Baby Sunscreen is water resistant for 80 minutes, and is fragrance free!
It's also women owned and has a cruelty free formula.
7. MadeOf Organic Baby Sunscreen (SPF 30)
MadeOf Organic baby sunscreen is rated 1 by the EWG so you can feel safe applying it to your little ones!
You can also get 80 minutes of water resistance before needing to reapply.
8. TruBaby Everyday Play Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
TruBaby Everyday sunscreen is designed for skin that is prone to eczema.
It was also created by a mom with 6 kids, so you know it's mom friendly!
What SPF is recommended for a good sunscreen?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends an SPF of at least 15, and anything above 50 might not really be worth it. So, don't be swayed by the alluring SPF 100!
Best Practice for Using Sunscreen
We all know to put it on before going outside, but did you know that you should put it on at least 30 minutes before going outside?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics this is because it takes time for your skin to soak it in. They also give a few other ground rules on sun safety you can check out too!
Are all sunscreens equal?
There are so many different sunscreens on the market today, but are they all equal? The answer is no!
Here's what to look for:
- SPF of at least 15 and up to 50.
- Protects agains UVA and UVB rays.
- Waterproof & sweat proof.
- Easy to apply (sunscreen sticks are great for the face)
While it's fun to be in the sun, having the right sunscreen can make all the difference in keeping your family safe and protected! Make sure to find one that is rated 1 by the EWG, like the 10 listed above).
Also, try to find a sunscreen with little to no harsh chemicals and ingredients! You will feel a lot better knowing your baby has the best!!
Thanks for stopping by! If you enjoyed reading, please remember to share this on Pinterest. Thanks!!