If you are planning on breastfeeding or pumping, than investing in a great breast pump is a MUST!
The market for breast pumps has really came out with some exciting new innovations, especially the hands-free options!
Here's a break down of the best breast pumps on the market right now.
Best Breast Pumps
- Willow Wearble Breast Pump (best wearable pump)
- Medela Pump in style (best electric breast pump)
- Elvie pump double electric wearable
- Haakaa manual breast pump (best manual breast pump)
Where was this breast pump when my kids were babies?!
This is that hands-free breast pump that is truly on ever mama's baby registry...and with good reason!
You simply place the willow breast pumps in your bra and they will pump while you are doing other things.
Other great perks:
- easy to clean, only has 3 parts
- spill proof
- a lot quieter than other breast pumps
- comes with two, one for each side
This Medela pump was what I used and it is impressive!
It's a double electric pump so you can do both sides at once. It also all fits in a nice little bag so you can take it with you with ease.
The one draw back though is that you have to be near an outlet to plug it in, and you can't do other things while you are pumping.
Similar to the Willow, this Elvie wearable pump has a lot of similar features, most notably the hands-free ability.
The drawback to this one over the Willow though is that it is a lot more expensive.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly manual option this Haakaa manual breast pump is one of the best!
Just remember that with a manual breast pump, you have to do the work so it's a lot more time consuming. You also won't be able to multi-task and do other things, because you will have to control the pumping with your hands.
What to look for in a breast pump
- What type of breast pump are you looking for? There are manual pumps and electric or battery operated pumps.
- Are you wanting to do other things while you pump?
Brest pumps can be pricey, but trust me on this baby formula gets expensive fast! Pumping breast milk will easily save you money in the long run.