Most of us gain weight during pregnancy, but it doesn't just go away after having your baby. Here's what you can do to help your postpartum body.
Just remember though, you don't need to bounce back right away. You just had a baby, so give yourself some grace!
Helpful tips for losing the baby weight
- Drink Lots of water. The best thing you can do for your postpartum body is to drink lots of water! Grab a fun water bottle to help motivate you.
- Get the okay from your doctor to exercise again. Then, start slow. Whether you had a c-section or gave birth vaginally, it was a big deal. Your body needs time to recover.
- Breastfeeding can help you lose weight faster, but not always.
- Start with low impact exercise, like an elliptical machine. Again, you probably aren't going to be running a marathon right after having your baby...and that's okay!
- If you aren't breastfeeding, than cut your calories back. You aren't eating for two anymore so you can't use that as an excuse.
- Give yourself a goal. Maybe that means a goal weight or a goal outfit. I personally had a goal dress that I wanted to be able to fit into. Keep that goal where you can see it everyday as a reminder and as motivation.
- Get outside and walk around. Put your sweet little baby into your stroller, and go for a walk around your house. The more active you are from the beginning the easier it's going to be.
- Dance. Dancing is a great cardio but it's also fun! Put on your favorite music and dance.